A few of our favourite things
And a scavenger hunt to boot.
Give your bathroom, laundry and kitchen (or stomach) a lift with these sustainable and beautiful products from small businesses around Australia (and NZ).
Please allow us to introduce you to a couple of our favourite things.
Brands and products that have our team walking around the house feeling ever so slightly excited to be adulting. Sustainable, beautiful products made independently, and with heart.We have pulled these products together in a 'favourite things' box to make it easy to give your home-life a lift.
And just incase you are still living with restrictions, we've included 7 riddles (one for each of the products), so that you can turn the unboxing into a scavenger hunt with your housemates, giving those screen-fatigued eyes something analogue to focus on - if only for half an hour.
Loom Towels Face Towel: Hand-loomed in Turkey on a traditional shuttle, this Face Towel is soft and absorbent and feels like luxury on your face. RRP $25.00
Rocc Naturals River Mint + Green Tea Toothpaste: Made with added natural goodness and packaged in biodegradable tubes (that look fancy!), this Melbourne based startup is giving your bathroom bench a refreshing change-up from your red and white staple. RRP $10.00
D'Orazio Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Genuinely delicious Olive Oil, packaged in extremely cute kitchen top oil containers. The containers can, and should be refilled for years to come (we've had one going on 7 years). RRP $32.50
Pana Organic Mylk Chocolate: Also Made by a Melbourne based team, this almost-healthy chocolate genuinely tastes like it's made with high quality ingredients, and care. RRP $10.00
Serious Snacks Sweet & Salty Popcorn: This popcorn comes from a New Zealand based company who has rightly decided that the snacking aisle was riddled with room to clean-up; from ingredients to packaging. They've made a good dent at that, but do not for a second think that these snacks are any less delicious that your favourite cheat snack.
The Dirt Company Laundry Detergent Starter Pack: You know us well. This is our dependable hero. 8x eco concentrate laundry detergent formulated with 100% pure and powerful plant-based active cleaning ingredients. Your dispenser bottle can be refilled, and your refills sent back for reuse. RRP $21.95
The Dirt Company 'Carry On' Stain Remover: This mini but mighty ‘Carry On’ applicator is your stain fighting sidekick, for use at home or on the go. RRP $7.50
- Loom Towels Face Towel
- Rocc Naturals River Mint + Green Tea Toothpaste
- D’Orazio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pana Organic Mylk Chocolate
- The Dirt Company Laundry Detergent Starter Pack
- The Dirt Company 'Carry On' Stain Remover
- Serious Snacks Sweet & Salty Popcorn
How to use
- This is the ultimate at-home game one can play with a housemate, partner, or friend to help retain some of your social skills, let your competitive side out and give your brain a workout, within the confines of your own home.
- The game master needs to find the perfect hiding place for the seven products in their home. They can then hand the seven riddles over to their players one by one, after each product has been found.
- The riddles are tough-ish. They’re great for passing time and giving those netflix-fatigued eyes a chance to do something different.
- The riddles will reveal what the object is, and it is up to the participant to know where in the house it is likely to be hidden.